Dear All,
I saw this amusing little clip a while ago and, because I have been thinking about the Bible's take on wisdom and foolishness of late, I thought I'd share it.
I've always found it interesting that the Bible never describes unintelligent or non-academic people as fools.
Foolishness is not a judgement on a person's IQ. Foolishness is not the opposite of cleverness or intellectual ability.
The fool is the person who hasn't yet understood the fact that living a life in accordance with the Commandments is probably a better idea than living a life at the whim of his or her every desire.
I know there are exceptions; I know that the good sometimes die young and the righteous are just as likely to suffer as the wicked, but there's got to be some satisfaction in knowing that when suffering does come it's not a result of foolish decisions!
"You're not an atheist; you're a moron!"
The opposite of foolishness in the Bible is wisdom.
For more on that click on my last entry.
God bless you all.
PS I've done plenty of foolish things (in the Biblical sense). It was a hard lesson learned for a while back there...
Comments
Post a Comment